This course has now passed for 2023. Please check back soon for details of our summer 2024 programme.
This summer, we are launching the Young Artists Summer Film Camp, where young people come together to learn about all things film!
If you’re a young creative with a taste for filmmaking, this is the perfect chance to gain hands-on experience, both in front of the camera as well as behind it. During the film camp you will learn about:
– Performing in front of a camera
– Directing scenes to tell a story
– Framing shots using different camera angles to create dramatic effect
– Using lighting to play with the mood of a scene
– Designing and making costumes to fit different themes
– Setting the tone for a film using sound
– Writing scenes and dialogues to convey drama and action
… and much more!
You will be taught by our current degree students, who are bright young professionals about to embark on their careers in the industry. BOVTS graduates have made their mark on stage and screen for over 75 years, and some have even gone on to win Oscar awards! You can be sure that our students will bring the best of their training and experience to the Young Artists Summer Film Camp.
Join us to be part of a fun-filled week, where you can learn filmmaking skills, boost your storytelling skills and make new friends.
You can join one of our 3 groups:
Downstage for ages 7-10
Stage Left for ages 11-14
Stage Right for ages 15-18
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. When do bursary applications open for each term?
The dates for bursary applications for the Sunday Young Artists scheme are below:
Spring Term 2024: 2 Oct 2023 – 27 Oct 2023
Summer Term 2024: 15 Jan 2024 – 16 Feb 2024
2. I have been allocated a bursary before, do I need to reapply for next term?
If you are currently in receipt of a bursary and your circumstances haven’t changed, you will not need to complete a bursary application form again, but you will need to let us know you wish to be considered for a bursary next term. To do this, please email [email protected] expressing your wish for your bursary to be reviewed for next term.
3. I have been allocated a bursary before, will it be the same amount if I apply again next term?
As we take on new submissions for bursaries each term, the amount you are allocated each term is liable to change. We will inform you of any changes in the amount once all bursaries have been allocated for a term.
4. I have been allocated a bursary, how long do I have before I need to let you know if I will be taking it?
You will have a period of 14 days after the bursary has been allocated to accept it.
5. I haven’t received a bursary before, how do I apply?
We will upload an application form on our website during the bursary application period. Please fill this form to be considered for a bursary.
Forms will be available in the Young Artists Bursaries section on the oldvic.ac.uk/young-artists page.
6. Will all applicants be allocated a bursary?
We will consider all applications sent via our website form and assess them against a set of criteria. However, we cannot guarantee that an applicant will be allocated a bursary.
Some of the assessment criteria we use include (but are not limited to):
> applicant in financial hardship
> disabled applicant
> applicant is from an area of low progression to higher education
> applicant is in care or is a care leaver
> applicant belongs to groups of people who are considered ‘hard to reach’
If you have any further questions, please contact [email protected].